Pizza rolls are an amazing delicacy. Appealing to everyone the world over, it’s easy to see why pizza rolls are the world’s ideal snack. For anyone who is hosting an informal party, or if you simply enjoy eating finger foods, making pizza rolls air fryer style is a game changer. These bite-sized, scrumptious mini-pizza pockets are a wonderful snack with the ultimate in convenience and portability. You just have to try these bite-sized pizza rolls! I think this classic snack is the absolute best when they’re made in the air fryer. It’s so quick and easy, your kids will think you are a cooking god!
I just have a soft spot for them. If you haven’t tried these bite-sized pizza pearls you have to. Especially because I think the classic snack tastes best when making them in the air fryer. It’s so quick and easy! Your kiddos will thank you.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls Recipe Ingredients
You only need a very few things to make a plate of delicious pizza rolls. These include:
- Air fryer: this is the most obvious component of the air fryer pizza roll recipe.
- Pizza rolls: you can choose your favorite brand of – I love the pizza sauce in Totinos pizza rolls air fryer style myself.
- Dipping sauce: even though you can use any sauce of your choice, my favorite dipping sauce is the homemade ranch recipe. It goes really well with the pizza rolls and brings out the flavor.
- 16 oz. of sour cream
- Tongs: so that you won’t burn your hands.
- Oil spray: now this is an optional ingredient. This is used when you want to make your rolls super crispy. Otherwise, you do not want to dunk your pizza rolls in oil.
How to cook pizza rolls in the air fryer
The first thing to know about cooking these quick and delicious snacks in the air fryer is—to make these crunchy and delectable pizza rolls—how to place them in the provided air fryer basket or tray.
Place all the rolls in one layer. The rolls can touch each other, but make sure that they are not stacked or overlapping. If you crowd the pizza rolls, the cooking time will increase.
Cook the rolls for around 6 to 8 minutes at 190 °C or 380 °F. At around 4 minutes ( which is midway through the frying frozen pizza rolls), make sure to jiggle the fryer basket. Frequently check to ensure that they are not overdone.
They ought to have a golden exterior and be crispy on all sides if you have followed the steps and placed them correctly. However, if your rolls are not crispy or golden by the end of 8 minutes, do not be disheartened.
Most likely, your fryer has a longer cooking time since different fryers have different cook times. Cook them for an additional one or two minutes until you get the right texture. After the rolls are finished cooking, take them out of the fryer basket and set them aside to cool.
You can serve it with a garlic butter sauce, garlic ranch dip, or a homemade ranch recipe.
I prefer the ranch dip. It is a perfect sauce that can be prepared quickly with just a few ingredients. This is a dip perfect not only for air fried pizza rolls but also for chips and fresh veggies.
How long to cook pizza rolls in air fryer?
Getting the cooking time correct when you are frying pizza rolls is extremely difficult on the first attempt. The cook time depends on numerous factors, like the number of pizza rolls and the power and efficiency of the air fryer.
In case you are using a strong brand of fryer, you can expect your pizza rolls to be ready in about 5 minutes. A weaker model will require more time. But most models will give you your rolls in less than 8 minutes.
When you are cooking for the first time, it is always better to check frequently, starting at about 4 minutes into the cooking process. If you overcook your pizza rolls, they will crack and leak the filling into the fryer pan.
If it happens the first time you do it, make sure to reduce the cooking time the next time you are attempting it. As I say all the time, never stop trying, even if the first attempt fails.
Storing and reusing pizza rolls
If you have any leftover rolls, you can store them in your refrigerator for about three days in an airtight box. Make sure to finish them in three days, as they can go bad after that. You don’t want your hard work to go to waste, do you?
You can use your air fryer again to warm your pizza rolls. Fry it for about 2 minutes to make it crispy again.
You can also warm it up using the good old microwave oven for around 30 seconds to 1 minute on high. But you will be a bit disappointed with the level of crispiness since ovens will not make them crispy like your air fryer.
Why should you use an air fryer?
Now, you might be asking yourself why you need to use an air fryer when you can either deep-fry your pizza rolls or even microwave them if you are health-conscious. The air fryer has two main advantages.
- Air fryer rolls use significantly less oil during the cooking process. You can also make other frozen food & fried foods—like crispy tater tots, French fries, and zucchini—using an air fryer.
- An air fryer cooks pizza rolls faster than an oven. You can simply place your food in the air fryer’s basket, push it inside, set the timer, and have your meal ready in about 10 to 15 minutes.
Commonly asked questions
There are numerous questions people have when trying to make pizza rolls in the air fryer. I have tried to answer some of them.
Should I use parchment paper or spray the fryer basket while making pizza rolls?
Don’t let your pizza rolls get stuck at the bottom of the pan or worse, burn. But there is no need to worry. I have cooked frozen pizza rolls several times without the parchment paper and never had these problems.
I don’t recommend spraying your rolls with a cooking spray because it can change their flavor. You really do not want it to taste like anything other than pizza rolls after all that work.
If your fryer basket is not non-stick, try applying a thin coat of olive oil. You can also skip the preheating part without any worries. I sure did.
Can I use the air fryer for frozen pizza rolls?
Yes, you can, but you may need a few additional minutes depending on the power of the air fryer you are using.
How can I make air fryer pizza rolls super crispy?
Who doesn’t love extra crispy pizza rolls? If you are planning on making your rolls super crispy, remember to add one or two spritzes of olive oil just before you start cooking.
Can I add seasoning to pizza rolls air fryer style?
Yes, you can add seasoning to the air fryer pizza rolls based on your taste. Parmesan cheese, parsley, and red pepper flakes are good choices of toppings for pizza rolls. You can also try basil or Italian seasoning if you are feeling a bit adventurous.
When is a good time to eat air fryed pizza rolls?
Pizza rolls make an excellent snack, but you can also have them as a meal substitute (assuming you make enough!).
How long can pizza rolls sit out?
Ideally, you eat pizza rolls right away for the best flavor and texture. Try to avoid eating pizza rolls that have been out for more than two hours.
Can you put foil in air fryer for pizza rolls?
Ideally, you should cook your pizza rolls in the air fryer basket. However, if you want to have an easier cleanup you can place aluminum foil or parchment paper in the basket before cooking.
Do you have to flip pizza rolls in the air fryer?
Be sure to place your pizza rolls in one single layer in the air fryer basket or tray. Cook for 6-8 minutes, and then flip them halfway through.
What is the best air fryer time for pizza rolls?
Air fry pizza rolls are best arranged in a single layer in the air fryer with no added oils for 8 minutes at 390°F (200°C). Be sure to flip halfway through.
Air fryer pizza rolls are one of my comfort foods. They are not only easy to make, but also delicious, crispy, and make people incredibly happy. So, what are you waiting for? Try this air fryer pizza roll recipe today and surprise your friends with mind-blowing air fryer pizza rolls!
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 1 Air fryer
- 1 box Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- The first step to making these crunchy and delectable pizza rolls is placing them in the fryer basket. Place all the rolls in one layer. The rolls can touch each other, but make sure that they are not stacked or overlapping. If you crowd the pizza rolls, the cooking time will increase.
- Cook the rolls for around 6 to 8 minutes at 190 °C or 380 °F. At around 4 minutes, which is midway through the frying, make sure to jiggle the fryer basket. Make frequent checks to ensure that they are not overdone. They ought to have a golden exterior and be crispy on all sides if you have followed the steps and placed them correctly.
- Now, in case your rolls are not crispy or golden by the end of 8 minutes, do not be disheartened. Most likely, your fryer has a longer cooking time since different fryers have different cook times. Cook them for an additional one or two minutes until you get the right texture.
- After the rolls are finished cooking, take them out of the fryer basket and set them aside to cool. You can serve it with a garlic butter sauce, garlic ranch dip, or a homemade ranch recipe. I prefer the ranch dip. It is a perfect sauce that can be prepared quickly with just a few ingredients. This is a dip perfect not only for pizza rolls but also for chips and fresh veggies.