Summer is the perfect time for chilling in your backyard or front porch with a few friends over and unwinding. What better way to do that than with a cocktail in hand? An Aperol Spritz is perfect for this.
This Italian wine-based cocktail combines Aperol, club soda, and prosecco to create the perfect summer drink with a relatively low alcohol content (11%). The golden-orange hue of the cocktail is the perfect accompaniment while you sit in the outdoors and take in the beauty of nature.
It is typically served as an apéritif or an appetite-whetting cocktail that is meant to be consumed before dinner. Could pre-dinner sipping get more fun than this?
The Aperol Spritz cocktail isn’t just a great drink because of its taste. It’s also popular because it’s super easy to make. You can put together a glass in just 2 – 3 minutes. Yup, you heard that right! 2 – 3 minutes and you’ve got yourself a refreshing cocktail that won’t give you a hangover.
Ingredients you will need for your Aperol Spritz
Have I got you excited reading about how great a drink it is? Well, it only makes sense to tell you how to make a classic Aperol Spritz cocktail so that you get to enjoy it. Here is what you will need:
- 3 parts of prosecco – a classic Aperol Spritz uses dry prosecco as the sparkling wine in the cocktail.
- 2 parts of Aperol – this Italian aperitif has a citrus sweet flavor and is made using rhubarb that gives it a bright orange color.
- 1 part of club soda – to bring your cocktail together, you’ll need club soda. Not only does this lower the alcohol content of your drink, but it also creates some super fun bubbles.
- Orange slice to garnish – the common garnish used for a classic Aperol Spritz is an orange slice.
- Ice cubes – you want to use large ice cubes in your Aperol Spritz, not the crushed ice commonly used in other drinks.
Directions on how to make your Aperol Spritz
Once you’ve organized your ingredients, making the cocktail is super easy.
- First, fill a wine glass halfway through with ice cubes.
- Then, add the 2 parts of Aperol to the glass.
- Proceed to add the 3 parts of prosecco to the wine glass.
- Next, you need to add the 1 part of club soda to your wine glass.
- To finish the cocktail, garnish with a slice of orange.
It really is that simple! You don’t need any special bartending skills to create this cocktail, but you’ll be able to enjoy it to the fullest. A unique wine glass is perfect for serving this Italian summer cocktail.
Try it out for yourself and experience why it’s such a popular cocktail. You know I love hearing from you all, so let me know what your experience is like if you do try this out. Do you all love it as much as I do? Can’t wait to hear about what you all think of it.