What a week it was. Wasn’t it? The sun is out in San Francisco and my garden is in bloom. That has meant for me that I have somehow found a bit of extra motivation to get me going around my home. When I can’t take on bigger renovations I focus on making things beautiful one detail at a time.
Why? Because like most things in life many little actions or steps in the right direction can, in the end, get ya to where you want to go – in this case, it’s having a beautiful home (affordably). Many of those details to make that dream a reality are linked here. Also, in case you missed it. Here is a list of my top 10 favorites DIY’s anyone can do anytime to make their home sing. It’s a must-read y’all.
Okay, here is what I am obsessed with this week:
- It’s happy hour soon. But for this happy hour, I am serving my favorite iced coffee. Why? Because frankly, iced coffee is my happy hour – but every single day. I love Blue Bottle, they started locally in San Francisco, and I have been drinking them for over a decade. Good news! They just started shipping nationwide. You gotta try em.
- Most of ya know, I am right in the middle of installing a new float shelf in my Bathroom. And, because I just love to be busy, started my DIY Board and Batten accent wall in my stairwell walk-thru space. With that being said I am also considering wallpaper and a patio refresh. EEEK. It’s so fun (and so much) but that’s ok. Do what you love guys. Here is a link to my favorite affordable and removable wallpapers right now. I can not stop obsessing about them. I am considering wallpaper in multiple spaces. Do you love it?
My Fav (non) Power Tool:
- I get it. I really do. Power tools can be intimidating. But this miter box and saw were my first ever non-power tool. It’s super safe to use and worked wonders as I created my first ever box moulding accent wall. Again it’s super safe, non electric, affordable, and helps you do all the necessary cuts (easily) for this awesome DIY. Start with this tool and work your way up. You got this!
Also, Knock Knock Who’s There?
- Also, I posted in my feed this week about adding a door knocker to your front door. You guys this is one of my favorite ways to add charm to your home on the cheap. It just instantly sets the tone for your guests. You don’t have to break the bank here. Follow me HERE for a curation of a few of my favorite (affordable) door-knockers that I love via my Amazon shop. How cute are these?
- Lots of DM’s this week. I just love every single one. The theme hands down were questions about my bathroom tile + my bathroom hutch. You. guys love em both. Here’s the thing. Black (or white) penny tile is timeless, can be dressed up or down, and goes well with almost any aesthetic. It’s a great option for any bathroom renovation – IMHO. And of course, who doesn’t love a sleek bathroom storage solution that is both functional and beautiful all at once. Entire Bathroom here.
- It’s no wonder that this room was the clear winner – like by a long shot. I just can’t stop obsessing via @differ.design The light just dances across this room. I love the warm walnut-inspired woods, a ton of visual interest, and the most aesthetically placed shelf styling ever. It’s just so cozy. Don’y ya just want to curl up and take a seat?
I Got Ya a Code / Giveaway
- Guys, I am so excited. I just ordered new dining room chairs from my friends over at Industry West. I can’t wait for them to arrive. They were nice enough to allow me to share a 20% OFF code if you enter 136home at checkout. Guys, that’s a killer deal. They have the. best stuff. Head over there and grab a few things. You won’t regret it. Pardon me while I stare out the window for the mailman til’ my new chairs arrive.
- Sorry to repeat, but spring for me means more pasta on the patio with a big green salad. It’s SO good and I can’t help but share one more time After all it’s just that good. The recipe is linked here.
Check this Out
- I am always on the lookout for amazing inspo and Instagram stars. There are so many of you. Run over to Neal’s Instagram. I just love how he mixes old + new with modern masculine accents that ultimately result in a calming bold statement. He is so good at keeping things casual and formal at the time time. How does he do it? Magic I think. It’s gotta be. I watch his feed religiously…
- Guys, it’s spring – Here are my favorite faux eucalyptus leaves that I keep in my bathroom. I always prefer the real deal. But, sometimes that isn’t an option – this is my faux option that looks great all year long. They are super affordable. I suggest grabbing two! good.
Let’s Style + Refresh
- Guys, what’s better than new plants. I know what is – a lot of plants. Keeping with Spring here is a quick list of my favorite plants that are easy to get delivered to your home safely – many of which are seen in this picture. Head to this link to grab a few. Nothin’ is better (to me) than a room full of plants.
- Anyone else ready to refresh every single room right now? That feels like me. Here are the sales I am most excited about this weekend. Get em while they last:
- Overstock: If you’re thinking about switching up the furniture in your bedroom or living room, shop Overstock’s Spring Sale, where you can find pieces at up to 70% off. Items with a red tag have will have extra savings. There’s also free shipping on every order.
- Sur la Table: Save up to 55% on premium appliances, cookware, and more now during Sur La Table’s Cookware Event. The brand is also offering free shipping on orders of $75 or more.
- Brooklinen: The Brooklyn-based bedding retailer is hosting its Annual Comforter Savings Event now. Save 15% on any comforter purchase and 10% off everything else.
- Apt2B: The furniture retailer just extended its Lucky Break Sale, meaning you can take 17% off site-wide.
- Guys, I was featured on the North + Finchs website for my curated collection of gallery wall prints. I just love their affordable art. I am not really sure how I would get up each morning not starting at this beautiful art. Heard here to see the full collection and jump into bed with me. Use code: 136home for 20% Anything you see there.
That about wraps things up. I hope you guys have a great weekend. Be sure to follow along on Instagram for more styling tips, DIY, and San Francisco design inspiration. #TGIF136home