Cheers, y’all the weekend is here. It couldn’t come fast enough for me this week. Why? Because I can’t wait to get back to my DIY alcove float shelves. Are you guys following along? It’s been such a fun and easy project so far. I am loving doing it with y’all.
Before we dive in. Did ya see? We reached 18K. I can’t believe it to celebrate, I am giving away a $25 dollar gift card to Amazon. Just drop your email in my pen pal list for a chance to win here. I will announce the winner next Friday.
Ok, now for the fun part. Let’s talk about my current obsessions:
- It’s happy hour soon. This week it’s all about spring and the fresh crisp vibes. As such you gotta try this delicious Cucumber Gimlet. Of course – it’s gin. Cuz, well it’s me. But, you will love this cocktail because it’s fresh, sweet, and bursting with muddled cucumber. It’s the most refreshing cocktail I have ever had. You will love it. Get the recipe here.
- Okay, I am right in the middle of installing a new float shelf in my Bathroom. For how I style these spaces click here. But, if you are interested please follow along in Stories and Highlights to see the full process. Don’t worry I’ll do a proper blog post when it’s all done. But guys it’s so fun and a great starter DIY. If I can do it you can too!
My Fav (easy) Power Tool:
- First, why is poplar wood the best? Consider it of you are thinking about a reasonably priced wood that doesn’t have to be painted. All my float shelves are this material and I am making a new one out of them. I am busting out my absolute favorite easy to use power tool. The brad Nailer. If you want to start somewhere with power tools. This is it. Grab one here.
Also, Art Always
- Also, I posted in my FEED this week about my most purchased art. Let’s just say it’s peachy. Also, if ya want some tips on best practices for hanging art above furniture read more here.
- Y’all wanted to talk rugs this week. I get it. I do too – like all the time. So, to help ya out here’s a link to every single one of my rugs by room. You guys’s I have logged the hours and done the work. These are an incredible deal, durable, and look oh so good. Which is your favorite? I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours.
- Living Room
- Kitchen / Closet
- I still can’t stop going back to this room by @royceflight It’s such a sophisticated approach to gallery walls and scored at 98% YES in this weeks polls. The monochrome palette really ties it all together – feeling both modern and classic at the same time. I just love the entire vibe. Don’t you? Wait, I already know the answer to that.
I Got Ya a Code
- I’m a stickler for good products. Also, they need to look good. Use code 136homePGA for 15% any product found at Public goods – I use their cosmetic kit daily. Give em a try.
- It’s spring, and spring for me means pasta on the patio with a big green salad. Y’all have to try my one pot easy zesty bacon honey gnocchi. It’s SO good, easy to make, and clean up. After all. I know you guys are spring cleaning. The recipe is linked here.
Check this Out
- You might know my dream is to fully renovate a cabin, and my good friend Matthew of @Brooklynartboy is doing just that. I love how he uses moody colors to create dramatic spaces in his NY Apartment. But, in his weekend retreat, he is knee-deep in a renovation that isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s literally more fun to watch than @netflix I am so proud of him. Go check it out.
- Speaking of Netflix. What are you watching. We are watching Project Varsity Blues. It shocking how much pressure and emphasis is placed on getting into an ivy league school and how the wealthy elite can gain access to these schools for their children. This documentary goes over the scandal and is retold with actual recorded phone conversations. It’s shocking! Check it out.
Let’s (Dance) Get Organized
- Spring really is here! Check out my tips for making it fun, fast, and easy. Also, here’s a link to my favorite cleaning caddy. Guys, spring cleaning can be fun + productive at the same time. You can do it!
- One way I do that is by listening to my favorite tunes on Spotify. I know you love the tunes in stories so I compiled my favorites into one playlist for you. Listen here.
- Guys, you asked. I deliver. Here is a vintage inspired frame that you can get affordably and easily via Amazon and integrates well into any gallery wall. I know we don’t all have the time to run to the thrift store and go on the hunt at flea markets. Check it out. It’s so good.
Let’s Style + Refresh
- Guys, what’s better than new plants. I know what is – Fresh herbs in your kitchen. With Spring in full swing (see what I did there) I added some fresh rosemary in my kitchen. Check out how I leveled up. It just took a few seconds and it’s bringing all the joy – like all of it. Give it a shot.
- Guys, I can’t believe it. Apartment Therapy stopped by this week to check in on how I stay organized in my bathroom. What a thrill. Check out the entire video here, and please share it with all your friends. It was such an honor to be featured in the style school series. check out more of my bathroom here including this hutch that you guys loved!
I hope you guys have an amazing weekend. Be sure to follow along on Instagram for more styling tips, DIY, and San Francisco design inspiration. Also, here is a link to some of my favorite styling items Thanks for being here guys I love yall. I hope to see ya soon. #TGIF136home